Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn Is Here To Stay

Well it appears that autumn is here to stay after all. After experiencing cycles of warm and then cold weather for the last couple of weeks, it seems that the cold is here to stay, much to my dismay. Thankfully this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving, so I will be driving home to Ottawa and will be depositing my summer clothes. No more summer dresses, flip flops, or cotton skirts. This makes me sad. It also means that my fellow students will be leaving behind their bright colors and exchanging them for their dark, bleak ideals of the colder months. However, when it comes to my color, I REFUSE to give in. So what if my bright pink Vera tote and pink and green striped cardigans will receive concerned looks of consternation, I will display them proudly.
On a happy note, it does mean I get to whip out some of my favorite fall staples:

London Fog black trench


Classic black industrial rain boots (a necessity in the Kingston rain storms)



My Monet umbrella (a sturdy handle is a must, considering the strength of the wind coming off Lake Ontario)



A Land's End tote (I prefer these over those of L.L. Bean because they contain plenty of pockets to keep all of my school necessities. ) I wish I could fill my tote with beach gear, but unfortunately it's full of books, binders, my laptop, and my frequently-refilled coffee tumbler.


A J. Crew cord blazer. A classic to accomplishing a put-together academic look, especially if paired with an oxford shirt, a v-neck sweater, and a pair of sperry's


Personalized coffee tumblers are a definite must. I refill mine at least 3 times a day during the school week to keep me awake and warm. Not to mention, these are far more environmentally-friendly than getting a new paper cup with every coffee purchase. This one from Frugal Frou Frou is simply perfect!


Unfortunately, it's also time to trade my favorite Ray-Bans wayfarer sunglasses for my D&G reading glasses. A necessity if I actually want to see anything in class.

And just for fun, I always tie my Lilly jubilee scarf on my tote, just to keep a little of the summer spirit in the colder months.


No comments:

Post a Comment