Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fashionable Italy

After seeing more than a handful impeccably well dressed men in Italy, my mother informed me that she would like me to marry an Italian.  She even picked out the palazzo in Venice in which she'd like to spend her winters so she can visit the grandkids.  Yeah, keep dreaming mom.... I've had little luck with Canadian men, so I don't think any of the stylish Italian gentlemen will come knocking on my door anytime soon...

Anyhoo, I may have played paparazzo and snapped a few picks of the stylish gents (and some ladies) I saw during my trip.

I waited too long for this picture, but I have no idea how he's managed to keep his suit still looking so flawless while biking!








I don't know why, but I just thought there was just something so visually appealing about the group of gondaliers.  Of course they sold those hats and striped shirts everywhere as souvenirs.  I was VERY tempted to buy them... 

I didn't always have my camera out in the streets, so I missed so many fashionable people, but I was blown away by the difference in how people dressed.  It almost seemed effortless, and yet nothing was out of place.  So many men wore pocket squares and ties, and brightly-colored suede driving loafers were everywhere ( I definitely picked up a pair!).  The prevailing colors were navy, beige, and camel, with small pops of bright colors.  My  mom and I also had a lot of fun browsing the stores and doing a little bit of shopping.

My mom checking out some of the handmade candies, chocolates, and pastries in the window.  We popped in to buy some nougat, but we both agreed that the nougat she makes annually for Easter is still the best!

Why yes, that is the True Prep collection at the Tommy Hilfiger store in  Venice!  And of course I went in for a peek!

I was afraid of getting dirty looks (or getting kicked out), so I only managed to sneak in a few pictures.


Loved how the shoes and bags were organized!

hehehe - "what happens in the country club, stays in the country club"

Not exactly my favorite picture of me, but I couldn't resist the preppy 'kodak picture spot'.

One of my favorite dresses - from Salvatore Ferragamo.  

How I wish I could have had a shopping spree in Valentino!  There was even a Valentino store in the Venice airport.  

Not a great image, but I loved the wonderful update on a classic suit.  Very youthful and feminine.

Perhaps my favorite window display!  The bag on the left had a blue coral chain - LOVE!  

I may not have been able to buy a Moschino purse, a pair of Tods driving mocs, or a Valentino eveing gown, but I did do a little bit of shopping.  You'll have to check back for pics of my Italian goodies!  And yes, I did pick up a handful of tacky tourist items... don't judge !  I love my mini Colosseum!

xoxo,


6 comments:

  1. Lovely post!
    You are a very lucky girl.
    This trip with your mother looks so wonderful.

    Love,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want to go back so badly! can't wait to see your italian goodies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks like an amazing trip! I'm just dying to go to Europe soon!

    Cute blog, glad I found you! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how jeans is not a fashion staple there. Maybe that is part of how they manage to look so fashionable, but still fit in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I want to go to there. So bad. lovely pictures! Man if your momma want so support an Italian wedding, i would be all over that!
    Thanks for sharing!

    -Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete