Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't You Step on My Blue Suede Shoes

I am overjoyed by the plethora of loafer choices available for fall. From animal print to studded, needlepoint to sequined, loafers are everywhere (especially in September magazine issues)! 
Loafers (aka "slippers") are even known to be a signature of Joe Mimram, founder of Joe Fresh and Club Monaco.  His Barbie doll look-a-like even sports them!  
Joe in his signature "slippers"

Of course  Louboutin makes a fierce pair of embellished calf hair loafers:


Stubbs & Wootton is a classic choice with an incredible selection, which gets even bigger if you choose to indulge in the customizable options:



You can bet your bottom dollar that Ralph Lauren will capitalize on the resurgence of a classic shoe:
Leave it to RL to modernize a classic and make it stand out from the rest!
This purple suede, jewel-encrusted shoe is positively regal!
  

But my favorite loafer find?  This pair of blue suede tassel loafers from Topshop, of all places!  
And at $100 (if you're lucky enough to live in the US), they're a surprisingly affordable way to embrace a trend, while still displaying a perfect mix of whimsy and tradition.

Just don't you step on my blue suede shoes!
xoxo,


5 comments:

  1. I am loving the loafer trend - they're a great alternative to ballet flats!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love! I remember my first loafers...ugh, love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of all of these! Especially the Stubbs and Wooton. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comparing with those shoes, actually there are all pretty charming, but what do you think about the Cute Flats Shoes for women and this one can be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete