Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Please Excuse My Quarter-Life Crisis

Ever had something really good happen to you that you just knew to be too good to be true?  That something would inevitably ruin it?  Well that somewhat happened to me.  I had a job offer I was utterly ecstatic about, but after having too much difficulty attaining a work visa to the US, the job had to be given to someone else.  Such is life.  It happened to my brother after law school, and now it happened to me.  Thankfully it all worked out in the end for my brother (who is now working for one of the largest law firms in Miami, married to his law school sweetheart, and incredibly happy), so hopefully it will all work out for me too.

The last month or so I've spent much time in self-reflection, trying to figure out what I want to do, where I want to work, and what my skills are after all these years of schooling.  Part of me wants to simply pack up and move to Europe, and another part of me is worried about not finding work after not hearing back from the many employers to whom I've applied.

I know that it's sometimes the luck of the draw, that it's a numbers game, and that I just have to keep applying and eventually I'll get the job I deserve. But with the fierce competition among the large number of unemployed recent graduates, how is one supposed to maintain optimistic?  It will be difficult, but until the day comes where I land my dream job, I'll be trying to hold my head up high, finding joy in the little things in life.

So please excuse my minor bout of pessimism, BUT if you've made it all the way through this post, you'll be happy to know that I'm hosting a giveaway for Mary Kay products.  Stay tuned for the next post!

xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. If you cant find work...make work :O)

    We have to get together before summer is over missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry... I'm sure you can't see it now, but maybe the reason that job didn't work out is because there is something even BETTER planned for your life and you'll get an even more amazing job! Just stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry to hear about the job mis-step. But just focus on the fact that you did get the job. I really believe that an even better all-around opportunity will come your way very soon.

    KK

    ReplyDelete