Sunday, March 3, 2013

Soundtrack Sunday: Deals & Steals

I've been called an old soul, a 60-year-old in 20-something body, and, well, a snob (but I'm honest to goodness not!).  Sometimes it's because of the way I dress and carry myself, other times because of my many not-of-this-time sayings (goodness gracious is common one).  My taste in music certainly doesn't help my case.

If, like me, you're a bit of an old soul in your music tastes, you love Cole Porter, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, and the like.  Well, you're in luck, because iTunes carries a myriad of these artists for incredible prices.  I like to keep a rotation of their songs in my music library for dinner parties, book club nights, weekend mornings working over brunch, and even singing in the shower.

Thankfully iTunes sells "best of" collections with 100 or more songs for less than $8, so you can grow your collection faster than you can say (or sing) C'est Magnifique!



Dean Martin ($5.99) | Ella Fitgerald ($5.99) | The Rat Pack ($5.99) | Frank Sinatra ($7.99) | Louis Armstrong ($5.99) | Billie Holiday ($5.99) | Duke Ellington ($4.99)

So stock the bart cart, invite some friends over, and get the sounds of old Dino (my personal favorite) inspiring a few tapping toes.

xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. You would love my cocktail party playlist :O)
    I just saw Swing Shift in town - with a singer who covers lots of Frank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I must look that up! I've always wanted to see Frank live, so a cover would just have to do in this century!

      Delete