Well my fear came true - I set my hair on fire! I'd like to say it's because I was twirling flaming batons, cooking some fabulous meal on the stove, or blowing out candles on my birthday cake. But nope! I set it on fire with a candle. I have (or should now say had) a candle on my nightstand. I was in bed and leaned down to grab something off the floor.... next thing I know I smelled something terrible, jumped up, and saw my braid fly up ablaze with black ashes falling off the ends!
I suppose I should be thankful I'm so accident prone, because I've developed some cat-like reflexes. In the end, I only lost a little less than 2-inches off my hair. After a quick trip to the hairdresser, a repositioning of my candle, and some graphic and absolutely terrifying nightmares of my hair totally ablaze, I have come to terms with my pyro accident.
So for those ladies with long hair and a penchant for lighting candles to relax in bed - keep them far, far away!
And if you're in the market for a new candle to help you unwind, liven up your space, or simply add to your collection, I recommend checking out the selection from Ralph Lauren.
Not only are the scents divine, but each candle comes in a votive that is so chic and classic that it can be reused to house makeup brushes, pencils, or (as I currently use my empty votive) as a toothbrush holder. I'm simply smitten by the monogramed silver one!
In the words of the gentleman who saw me run into a pole the other day, "have a safe day!"