Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kale & Green Apple Salad

I admittedly jumped on the Kale bandwagon rather late.  I first tried it years ago during a rowing potluck (of course rower moms are first to find healthy power foods) and absolutely despised it. I stayed away from it ever since... until I tried the Kale Salad at Yardbird over the holidays in Miami.  The salad was divine - the perfect combination of crispy, tangy, and sweet.  I highly recommend it if you ever pop by.

I've since been making this Yardbird inspired salad for lunch and dinner:
Kale | Green Apples | Dried Cranberries | Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese | Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing

Has anyone else discovered any kale recipes worth a change of heart?

xoxo,

8 comments:

  1. I bought Kale chips at Pusateri's a couple of a weeks ago...I wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to know! I've never actually had Kale chips, and it's one of those things I've been on the edge about... leaning back towards no on that one!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm late to the game, but love it now!

      And a happy birthday to you, CDS! I hope you're enjoying some delicious treats today!

      Delete
  3. I've tried kale chips, but I don't know if I've ever had fresh kale! I'll have to try this!

    P.S. Make sure you check out my awesome dress giveaway going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely head on over.. I wonder if luck comes twice ;)

      PS - glad to see you're back and blogging regularly!

      Delete
  4. this sounds like a great recipe! i don't have any specific ones but my bf often sautés it with just some olive oil and salt, pepper and garlic.

    PS - check out the Jack Rogers giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the new kale idea, Whitney (and the Jack Rogers tip... heading on over now)!

      Delete