Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to School (in 1956!)

I know I know, I neglect my blog.  And as if the summer didn't go by quickly enough, I swear the new school year is approaching even more rapidly.  I finished my internship at The Emily Post Institute merely weeks ago.  The new website is officially up and running.  Check it out at http://emilypost.com/ . It features a new concept called the Etipedia (etiquette + encylopedia = etipedia).  It's a simple way to search for answers to any etiquette questions you may have.  Then I helped create the new Etiquette Daily Blog ( http://www.etiquettedaily.com/ ). I had such an amazing time at EPI, and I will miss it (and everyone there) so very very much!

So, in honor of the new school year (which officially starts September 13th for me), I've scoped out some old promotional videos from my school (Queen's University in Kingston) from 1956.  There are four parts, so it's all a smidge long, but it's still fun to watch.  It's funny to hear about some of the old traditions and to see footage of the days when our mascot was a real bear, instead of a poor student dressed in a bear costume.

Enjoy! And to those who have already started school, I hope the year has started with a bang.  To those who are starting soon, the best of luck.  And to those who are long out of school, may you still enjoy the best aspects of your school days and cherish the lessons you learned along the way.












xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. I love the Etiquette Daily! I bookmarked it, and will definitely (attempt) to read it everyday! I love learning and reading about etiquette. I hope you have a fabulous school year!

    P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway that you should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was such a thing. I'd love to hear more about your internship- sounds amazing! Have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete