Since I forgot to do Soundtrack Sunday yesterday (woops), I thought I'd do my study playlist today. As I've mentioned before, I NEED music in my life. I need it to study, to overpower my brain freaking out about the workload ahead, to calm me down, and to provide a good groove to allow me to keep going.
I tend to have a couple of playlists, depending on what it is I'm working on:
Reading: Normally dedicated to those intense case studies or articles about Marxist art historical theory
- Vivaldi- Four Seasons (one of my favorite pieces of classical music)
- Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack (it allows me to drift off every once and a while and dream of finding my own Mr. Darcy in the library)
- The Beatles- White Album (upbeat, yet serene enough to allow me to have it on and still be able to concentrate)
- Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit album ( a little folksy, but witty tunes and one of my favorite bands)
Projects: Requires something a little more upbeat and fun
- Jack Johnson - all albums (so great, even my accounting professor from freshman year said he's good to study to!)
- Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend album (these guys are amazing! Grads from Columbia, they provide a great beat to work to)
- Jason Mraz- We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. (a great, dancing-in-your-seat type of album)
- Classic Rock- Queen, Bon Jovi, Journey, the Clash, The Rolling Stones, all are great!
- Johnny Cash - Greatest Hits (no idea why I love his music so much when I'm working, but it's one of my go-to albums)
In Case of Emergency: Aka- I'm starting to fall asleep, but still have 50 more pages to read or 5 more pages to write
- Girl Talk- All Day (Gregg Michael Gillis makes the best mashups! This new album was temporarily offered for free, so I got it quickly. This album features songs by everyone from The Beatles, Radiohead, Rihanna, Kanye, and so many more).
- Glee- (always amazing, but listening to a glee song or two helps perk me up enough to get me going again)
- Michael Bublé- Crazy Love (he's soooo swoon-worthy, and even though listening to his voice may send me daydreaming about him, it does wake me out of a slump)
For more music, check out Unabashedly Prep. Not only is he an amazingly fashionable photographer, but on the first of every month he offers free downloads of new music (past bands include Vampire Weekend, OK Go, Phoenix, and Paper Tongues). Every month's playlist is amazing, and most songs get featured in tv shows like Gossip Girl merely weeks later. For a study break, check out his amazing pictures of impeccably well-dressed preps.
PS- Thanks so much for all the kind comments about the Lilly art! I'm thinking I'll have to repeat this giveaway. Hmm, I will have more free time over winter break...